Foredom 5400 1/3HP Woodcarving Kit
Foredom 5400 1/3HP Woodcarving KitFor the carver who needs lots of power at various speed ranges. The 1/3HP TX motor is a powerful DC motor that provides smooth acceleration at speeds up to 15,000RPM, with high torque at all speeds.
Note: TX motors do not have reverse. Foredoms permanent magnet motors require the use of a TXR, SXR, or EMX speed control. Damage will result if the motor is connected to any other speed control.
This kit contains:
- The TX Motor is Foredoms most powerful flex shaft machine with 1/3HP. They have permanent magnet DC motors that feature the latest in flex shaft technology. These ball bearing models utilize advanced rare earth magnets that deliver more torque at the low end and throughout the entire speed range of 500 to 15,000 RPM. It comes equipped with a motor bale for hanging and the standard 39" long key-tip inner shaft and outer sheath for connecting to any of Foredoms interchangeable, quick disconnect handpieces.
- SXR metal foot operated control looks the same as the standard foot operated controls but it has special electronics that converts AC current from an electrical outlet to DC current, the type required by TX motors. The bottom surface of the speed control is covered with non-skid material.
- 44T collet style handpiece is popular among woodcarvers as it accommodates larger accessories with shank diameters up to 1/4". It comes with 3/32", 1/8" and 1/4" collets. The tapered design allows for close and safe work.
- 27 piece Accessory Kit with 3/32", 1/8" and 1/4" shank accessories. It includes many unique items from Foredom - Scotch-Brite Radial Bristle Discs, Purple Ceramic Sanding Bands and Discs, Typhoon Burs, V Stones, CeramCut Blue Stones, and more.
- Fur, Feathers, and Fins a 3 disc DVD set with in-depth instruction for beginning woodcarvers as well as detailed tips for more advanced power woodcarvers who want to enhance their technique. Filmed at the Vermont studio of renowned carver, Frank Russell, Fur, Feathers, and Fins shows the many steps involved in bringing simple blocks of tupelo wood to life. In over 3 hours of video material, Frank walks you through the set up of his work space, the tools he uses, safety concerns and lots more. He covers in great detail the carving of 3 different animal projects: A Cotton Tail Rabbit, Mallard Drake Duck, and Small Mouth Bass. Frank's congenial manner and accomplished teaching style lend to the enjoyment of learning to carve.
- Flexible shaft grease
- 2-year limited warranty.