Foredom 5300 1/6HP Bench-Mount Woodcarving Kit
Foredom 5300 1/6HP Bench-Mount Woodcarving KitForedom's most popular motor is now available as a bench-mount kit. This kit includes just about everything you need to get to work - motor, speed control, handpiece and accessories.
This kit contains:
- This is the bench style version of Foredom's 1/6 HP Series SR motor has an integrated dial speed control built into its cast-iron base for manual speed adjustment and easy placement anywhere on the workbench. Foredom's 1/6 HP, universal, flexible shaft machine runs in forward and reverse rotation at speeds up to 18,000 RPM. It comes equipped with their standard 39" long key-tip inner shaft and outer sheath for connecting to any of Foredoms interchangeable, quick disconnect handpieces.
- Built-in Speed Control, the hand dial is used to adjust and set speed. This manual style control allows you to maintain and return to a desired speed, time and again, by using the motor on/off switch rather than the speed control to power up the unit.
- 44T collet style handpiece is popular among woodcarvers as it accommodates larger accessories with shank diameters up to 1/4". It comes with 3/32", 1/8" and 1/4" collets. The tapered design allows for close and safe work.
- 12 piece assortment kit with Typhoon and other carving burs.
- Fur, Feathers, and Fins a 3 disc DVD set with in-depth instruction for beginning woodcarvers as well as detailed tips for more advanced power woodcarvers who want to enhance their technique. Filmed at the Vermont studio of renowned carver, Frank Russell, Fur, Feathers, and Fins shows the many steps involved in bringing simple blocks of tupelo wood to life. In over 3 hours of video material, Frank walks you through the set up of his work space, the tools he uses, safety concerns and lots more. He covers in great detail the carving of 3 different animal projects: A Cotton Tail Rabbit, Mallard Drake Duck, and Small Mouth Bass. Frank's congenial manner and accomplished teaching style lend to the enjoyment of learning to carve.
- Flexible shaft grease
- 2-year limited warranty.